About this pathway
The Pre-Masters in Science and Engineering prepares you for a choice of progression degrees at Durham University. You will join the programme for two or three terms, depending on your academic qualifications and level of English language.
You can choose from a range of postgraduate degrees to progress to when you complete this course.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is for international students looking to study a postgraduate science or postgraduate engineering degree at Durham University.
- Choose from a range of degrees within the Department of Engineering, Department of Mathematical Sciences and Department of Psychology.
- Develop your academic knowledge, English language level and study skills needed for progression to your chosen Masters degree.
- Study core modules and designated modules related to your chosen specialism.
- Adjust to the UK education system and explore concepts, terminology and advanced academic writing needed to succeed at postgraduate level.
- Develop practical skills with research projects and laboratory experience.
Why study this programme?
Take the first step towards a world-renowned Masters degree at Durham University with this specialist programme.
- 4th in the UK for General Engineering (Complete University Guide, Subject League Table 2022).
- 1st (joint) in the UK for ‘internationally excellent’ and ‘world-leading’ research (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- World top 100 for Psychology (QS World Subject Rankings 2022).
- State-of-the-art research equipment and facilities across a range of disciplines.
English language preparation
If you do not quite meet the English language entry requirements for this programme, find out more about our English for Pre-Masters course.