A record number of Durham University subjects have earned top recognition by the QS World University Rankings by Subject in 2018. A total of 16 subjects join the world top 100, up from 14 last year. Many of the University’s subjects have climbed the prestigious rankings, and this is the first year to feature Classics.
- Theology & Religion (3rd)
- Archaeology (5th)
- Geography (6th)
- Theology & Religion
- Earth Sciences
- Languages (School of Modern Languages & Culture)
- Philosophy, Physics, Politics (School of Government & International Affairs)
- Psychology and Social Policy (Department of Sociology)
The University has once again maintained its reputation as a leading education institution with programmes going from strength to strength. Durham is:
- 31st for Arts and Humanities, up from 45th in 2017
- 59th for Natural Sciences, up from 72nd
- 78th in Social Sciences and Management, up from 99th
The QS World University Rankings by Subject evaluate academic and employer reputation, research and the quality of work published by academics at universities.
Find out more about the pathway programmes that can prepare you for a prestigious degree at Durham University.